Employers have a legal obligation to control the use of substances that could be hazardous to the health of their employees as outlined in the COSHH Regulations 2002. It is for this reason that PERSES offer a full COSHH assessment service to identify the hazards present and control measures necessary to manage the use of hazardous substances safely.
PERSES COSHH assessments are highly detailed, showing all the required information in a format that is easy to understand. The assessments give information on the substance, its immediate dangers and its long–term health effects. Further to this they show information on the fire risks and the correct type of fire controls to use.
So that the assessments are task-specific they come in two parts. The first is to define the overall dangers of the substance, the second is to show the hazards involved when using the substance in a particular task.
This requires a new assessment to be done on each activity the substance is used in, so that essential risks are considered and effective control measures can be implemented in each case.
- 20th February 2024Working Safely With Livestock And Farm VehiclesRead more
- 19th February 2024E-Scooters And Lithium Batteries: The New Fire Risk For The Workplace?Read more
- 19th February 2024Who Helps the Helpers?Read more
- 14th February 2024Violence And Abuse Against Shop Workers Up 50 Per Cent Last Year, Says British Retail ConsortiumRead more
- 14th February 2024Scaffolders Begin Dismantling Notre-Dame ScaffoldingRead more
- 13th February 2024Amazon France Logistique Fined €32m Over ‘Excessively Intrusive’ System For Monitoring EmployeesRead more
- 10th February 2024Nanofiber Cotton Bandages Combat Infections And Boost Wound HealingRead more
- 9th February 2024Alarm Raised Over Dodgy PPERead more
- 5th February 2024Metalworking Fluids Most Businesses Inspected ‘Not Doing Enough’ To Protect WorkersRead more
- 31st January 2024Recycling Company Fined £2m After Worker Killed By Loading ShovelRead more